The overarching question of this week's screen cast and readings was, "how can we effectively support collaboration among learners?" As teamwork is becoming increasingly more popular, it is important to understand cooperative and collaborative learning. Especially, in the corporate context, because teams can take more time and resources to complete a task than an individual IDs should be well aware of the decision points and factors which may enhance or deter collaborative learning. In my previous experience in working in teams, I've learned a lot more with more diverse teams than homogeneous teams. However, I remember having a hard time coming to consensus quickly on many aspects of the projects.
There were two question that popped into my head while reading and listening to the screen cast:
- Is leadership considered an aspect of collaborative learning? Are the individuals who have higher social skills considered a leader?
- How do collaborative learning in different contexts differ? Since one of the learning outcomes of collaboration is academic achievement, can collaborative learning be applicable in diverse contexts?
Lastly, our team will not use collaborative learning in our project, because the learning outcomes of collaboration does not align with our project's learning outcomes.
MC
Hi Minae,
ReplyDeleteIt is clear that you watched the video carefully. Thanks a lot to share your opinions with us. For your first question, I have really become confused. I think we should ask to Dr. G in the class today. For your second question, for example think about basketball context. Do you think we can apply collaboration into that context?
Thanks,
Best,
Remzi