Annyoung
(Hello in Korean) R541s,
My
name is Minae Choi and I am a first year resident Master's student studying
IST. My family and I moved from Seoul, South Korea,
to Bloomington ten years ago, and I have dwelled here since. I have three sisters,
and we enjoy speaking Konglish (hybrid of Korean and English) with each other
whenever we are together.
I
have always been interested in all aspects of tangible design. I studied
architecture at Ball State University for a year, and I enjoy interior, hair,
fashion, and graphic design for myself, family and friends. It is gratifying to
recognize and understand a problem, then designing what I think the client is
best suited for, depending on the circumstances. Similarly, I hope to learn
more about designing instruction, an intangible design, and become an
instructional designer who can develop effective and efficient instructions
best suited for the learner.
Last
year, I finished my undergraduate studies in Arts Management, with a
concentration in music, at the School of Public and Environmental Affairs at IU. My decision to pursue a master’s degree in
IST from an Arts Management background was not an unusual decision for me,
because I am confident that I can merge my passion for education and creative background to offer fresh and
imaginative perspectives to develop innovative instruction.
I
look forward to working with and learning from all of you.
MC
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGreetings Minae,
ReplyDeleteI'm interested to hear about your unique perspective. What do you think you'd like to do once you obtain your master's degree in IST? Having this unique combination should offer you some great opportunities. Have you ever thought about graphical design? You should talk with our guest speaker next week (Dr. Appelman) to discuss potential job ideas!
Hi Professor Leftwich,
ReplyDeleteThank you for thoughtful question. As a matter of fact, I am also seeking to find an answer as well. At the moment I don't have any specific jobs in mind, but I think I am more interested in working in a corporate context. I am looking forward to meeting Dr. Appelman next week!
Minae,
ReplyDeleteHello, Hoosier Buddy! I'm looking forward to working with you in P541 this semester! I remembered your foray into architecture, and your BA from SPEA, but I don't think I knew that it was in Arts Management! (Maybe I did, but you've come to see how my memory works by now, unfortunately!). I'd love to hear more about that, and it makes perfect sense now- I've seen how gifted you are at designing things, either in papers or other projects we've worked on!
Hope your break was relaxing, though I heard you weren't feeling well for a part of it. Hopefully that didn't keep Santa away, and you still had time to relax with the family! See you in class!
-Bryan